We believe it to be of supreme importance that people everywhere should have an opportunity to hear the wonderful good news about Jesus Christ.
Dan and Rachel King are our very own missionaries. As members of this church Dan taught the Bible and Rachel was involved in children's work, banner making and was the official church photographer. They were called by God to work in Tanzania and moved from Cardiff in January 2013. Rachel is a GP, working in a rural hospital, in a village called IFisi. Dan, previously lecturing at Cardiff University in Old Testament studies and Biblical languages is now a linguist and translation advisor with Wycliffe Bible Translators in Mbeya. Mbeya is a town of 300 000 in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania. The Kings live in nearby Ifisi. They have 2 children, Aaron and Lydia. They would love you to read about their adventures, their joys and challenges. Get to know them via www.kingsinafrica.jimdo.com/ and from www.wycliffe.org.uk
As a church we pray for and support a variety of missions. We meet on Thursdays at 7:30pm to pray for friends below and many other things. It would be brilliant if you could join us. Come with a prayer request if you want.
OVERSEAS and WALES
- Jonathan & Amanda Hanley (writing, speaking and personal work, Brittany) www.echoes.org.uk
- A & M (Reach Beyond, radio station broadcasting and medical) www.reachbeyond.org.uk
- Dai & Michelle Hankey (church planting, Adamsdown, Cardiff)
- Books Plus (This is a book shop in the foyer of UHW Cardiff) www.books-plus.org.uk
- Rainbow of Hope (food, drink & Bible study for folks in need, Cardiff) www.rainbowofhope.co.uk. Two of our members give up their time volunteering with this charity to share the gospel message and bring it alive by the practical provision of food and clothing to those in need.
- Street Pastors. Two of our members are passionately involved in this work, giving a helping hand to people out in town late in the evening www.streetpastors.org